Saturday, March 17, 2012

Writing Horoscopes

impact

Day 12530/52 - The four elements
A month is seeming like long time.  A lot happens in one month, especially with Mercury, Mars and Saturn all retrograde. Everything in urgent slow motion.  

The new Moon for March is at the end of next week.  So a full week of potential moon dark funk for some, as it passes through Aquarius and Pisces to it's re-birth in Aries on Friday.

For astro-buffs, this is the beginning of a new astrocycle.  The Sun and a new Moon in Aries and so it is fitting that Mars and Mercury will station direct during this lunar cycle.  The lunar cycle of the Aries new Moon is indeed the one in which we can really start to say for ourselves, 'your time starts now'.  (again)

Saturn won't go direct until June and a quick look at the ephemeris reveals that this has been timed by the cosmos with a certain piquancy for planet Earth, to coincide with the exact square between Pluto and Uranus, depending on where you live in the world on June 25th.  So either the Mayans were out by a few months and life as we knew it will change forever more from about the middle of the year or . . .?  Who knows.

Anything beyond the next five seconds is not mine to see and even the next five seconds rarely comes through with great clarity, even though apparently I am, as are you, potentially fully aware of at least this far into the future.  Which is interesting in and of itself, something to do with our organic survival, how our life-mind energy sends tentacles into the future to give us those life saving seconds to change our minds, move, run, duck, or hit the brakes.  We are truly miraculous.

The Aries new Moon culminates with a full moon in Libra, Mercury will have gone direct by then so it will be safe to ring a few people and perhaps to have successfully organised a full moon party of some sort with your socially loquacious and elegant Libran friends. May as well. It will be a Saturday night, and as it turns out the Good Friday Full Moon (on the Saturday).  Something to think about. 

I was going to describe the process of writing new Moon horoscopes, the image above will have to suffice, one must immerse oneself in an awful lot of other people's stuff, which is also your own.  It's a bit exhausting . . . .  But I got sidetracked which seems to be happening a fair bit lately. . . .

Basically the first step in writing new moon horoscopes is to procrastinate.  (heh)

I'm no longer fussed about my propensity for procrastination.  As it turns out I get rather a lot done whilst procrastinating and who's to say that these activities are of any greater or lesser importance than what I suppose myself 'should' be doing.  

I make deadlines, regardless of how much angst-fuelled energy has gone into trying not to think about them.

Reminds me of the Rumi poem:


Who makes these changes?
I shoot an arrow right. It lands left. 
I ride after a deer and find myself chased by a hog.
I plot to get what I want and end up in prison. 
I dig pits to trap others and fall in. 
I should be suspicious of what I want.

Quite.